Sunday, May 6, 2007

Starting a Business

I've created this blog to serve as a journal of my trip down the valley of small business ownership. For the past decade (that is, before I even started working) I have dreamed of starting a business. I am a man in my late 20's, unmarried, in a long term relationship, and have some undergraduate school time left to finish during night school.

The firm I am starting is sort of a hybrid. The simplest description I can give as the main purpose of the company is that it is a document conversion service for large companies. This entails taking in documents (paper or electronic) in one format, and returning it to the companies in other formats, along with databases that contain information about the documents. In addition to providing this service, my company will create software to be marketed and sold to the same industry it services.

My company is what Eric Sink would call a Micro ISV: an Independent Software Vendor made up of 1 person. It is my hope to do well enough as one person to grow larger.

This blog will focus specifically on the technology needs of a business my size. In order to provide objective and honest information about this trip down entrepreneurship, I have decided to make this blog anonymous. This will allow me to write about both good and bad technology decisions I may make.

I hope you enjoy this blog.

No comments: